Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Vicious Circle

Well, we received an "update" on our case today. It's not real encouraging and we're not exactly sure what the solution will be . It appears that PGN has admitted that they were wrong in sending our case to investigations. They have said that the document which needed correction could have been corrected through administrative channels and the case should not have been turned over to the investigation division. The investigation division says there is nothing for them to investigate, as they've looked at the document and concur that it should be fixed administratively. Here's where it gets crazy. Because it was sent for investigation, by law, it has to be investigated. PGN is apparently not allowed to just get the case back. But since there's nothing to investigate, the investigators won't do anything with it!!! The "solution" being offered by investigations (I think) is to send it to a judge for him to rule on it. Once the judge rules on it, it would then be sent back to PGN to start all over. The biggest challenge to that "solution" is that it takes 6-8 months for the judge to rule on it and then an unknown additional amount of time to clear PGN. I know this is probably very confusing to you, it certainly is to us.

At this point, we're praying for some kind of miracle. Our attorney is trying to get the case back to PGN without going through the judicial system. God is going to have to show up and show off to make that happen. Amazingly, as I type this, I don't feel panicked or concerned or even frustrated. There's truly a peace that passes all understanding that covers our lives when we surrender to God's plan. That doesn't mean I don't want him home, but I have to remember that God is in this and none of this is a surprise to Him.

We look forward to God resolving this and will continue to keep you posted. Thanks again for hanging in there with us!

Blessings,


Psalm 135:13-14 -- Your name, O LORD, endures forever; your fame, O LORD, is known to every generation. For the LORD will vindicate his people and have compassion on his servants.

3 comments:

Susannah said...

amy, i would call you but i have no voice...i am praying for you and still in shock of your news. The best I can say is that God isn't surprised so I will keep trusting that He is in control and look forward to seeing God moving in your case!
love
susannah

Jess said...

Sorry to hear this news . . . how wonderful that God has given you patience and peace! I'll be praying for Geovany and for God to move the mountains in Guatemala so your little boy can come home early next year!

Anonymous said...

Even after talking to you my response is uhhhhh duhhhh just sign off and say you investigated it. Both parties are saying there needs to be NO investigation. Man, after saying that I'm even more confused. :) As always dear God will indeed see you through this and in the end when Vanni is flying home HE will be given all the PRAISE.
Love ya friend,
Kelly

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!