Eleven months ago, today, we signed a power of attorney, stating that we were willing to walk this bumpy road of adoption one more time. Agreeing with God to go where He leads, to follow the quiet whispering of His voice, to step out in faith and see what God could do. And we have seen Him do GREAT things. But this morning, as I read the blog of a friend, I was reminded that miracles don't have to be BIG to be miracles. Last night was long, Geovany didn't sleep well, Samantha was very restless, one of those nights where you watch the clock, willing it to be morning so the sun will shine again. And now, the sun is shining, and my two children are quietly snoring, breathing in rythym together, and isn't that small thing a miracle? As I read Paula's blog, I realized that those little things, if we recognize them for what they are, keep us hoping, praying, believing in the big things. The miracle of life itself gives me hope that God will move mountains and complete our adoption. The miracle of friends made when we don't speak each others languages or share each others customs help me believe that we can raise our children to respect, embrace, love other cultures, other people.
Eleven months ago, I never dreamed that this adoption would take so long, require so much. But we have grown in our faith, we have seen God move, we are different because of what those eleven months have cost us. Last night, as I cried out to God, asking Him how He expected me to take my son back to an orphanage, to endure the pain of seperation, He quietly reminded me that He knew my pain too well. Several thousand years ago, because of His love for me, He endured the same pain of seperation. The difference is, I didn't know what this journey would cost, most days I walk in blissful ignorance. God knew exactly what it would cost Him and His Son, and He did it anyway.
Blessings,





3 comments:
Just 23 months ago you and Rob announced as we all sat around the Christmas tree that you were adding to your family (and ours) with a baby from China!! Who knew at that time the journey God had prepared for you and all of us! Thank you for being such a witness to His goodness and grace. We pray that God will continue to fill your day with little miracles and happy babies! Enjoy each moment. We look forward to seeing you when you get home. We are also driving to Reno on Tuesday. Work calls!! Love, Mom
YOur little guy is very lucky to have you both, and it's wonderful that you are able to travela nd see him...even through all this waiting.
I can't wait to see God complete what he started 11 mths ago today. I know that today is a day of sadness but, dear friend what a rejoicing we will have when our father above reunites you with Geovany FOREVER!! Waiting and praying with you for HIS perfect day.
Love ya,
Kelly
Post a Comment