Geovany is doing well. We picked him up at the REMAR offices instead of at the orphanage. We'd never been there before. It was interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes. By no coincidence, our attorney "just happened" to stop by while we were there. Not knowing it was him, we weren't introduced. Our translator, Sonia, had gone out to move her car, so we almost missed an incredible opportunity. However, when Sonia came back in she asked if we'd met our attorney. When we said no, she immediately had the social worker call him on his cell phone. He hadn't left the parking lot yet, so came back in to introduce himself. He assured us that he believes our case has about a 95% chance of completion, we just have to be patient. He also asked us to send photos of our visits with Geovany along with copies of our passport stamps and receipts from the Radisson proving we were here.
Geovany was a little unsure at first, we've had some tears, but McDonalds and naptime have helped greatly!! He's talking, which is an amazing thing to hear. I brought along Spanish board books from the library. He loves sitting in my lap, reading. He's said Mama and Dada and many other words I don't quite understand! =) After reading our first book several times, I asked for a kiss and got my first kiss on the cheek from our sweet boy. It's a pretty amazing thing to be so in love with someone you hardly know!
Enjoy the pictures.
Blessings,
Amy
Friday, November 14, 2008
Day One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
A Family of Seven!



2 comments:
The joy I feel right now is just indescribable. Seeing pictures of our sweet boy brings huge tears to my eyes. Many continued prayers for Vanni, Mantha, you and Rob.
Love ya,
Kelly
BTW: uhhh didn't McDonald's help Vanni last time?? I'm thinking some McDonald's coupons are in his near future from Aunt Kelly. YES, I said it I may NOT be related but, I AM Aunt Kelly. :)
There are no words to describe the depth of emotion I feel seeing those two so happy together!
Praying it will be forever, real soon!
Love you
Post a Comment