We made it back, safe and sound. Samantha and I are heading out to get her brothers and sister in just a little while. She's been wandering around the house asking for them, so I know she'll be thrilled to see them.
I still can't quite put into words what happened at the orphanage. It was much harder than we had expected it to be. The good news in that is that Geovany really bonded with us and seems to undestand that we are different somehow. The prayers for God to connect our hearts across the miles seem to have been answered...a miracle that helps me as I pray for Geovany now. Our prayer is that he will not feel abandoned by us, but that God will place in his little spirit a hope and a knowledge that Mommy and Daddy are coming back for him.
Rob will be visiting him in January while he's in Guatemala for a Work & Witness trip with our church. I know the time between now and then will pass quickly. But my heart is still heavy today and I have questions that only God can answer. And right now, He choosing not to. And that's okay, but hard.
Thanks for praying us home and being part of our journey.

Hasta pronto...see you soon!





3 comments:
Amy,
I nearly called you today...maybe i will get a chance tomorrow! I can't wait to hear everything. I am praying for you my dear and precious friend!
Love
Susannah
What a blessing to visit your adorable little boy! I can't imagine how hard it is to leave again. No word can describe this and my heart goes out to you. I'm praying very hard for you, your family, and Giovanny.
Love from Colorado!
Nikki
Love you my friend,
Paula
Post a Comment