Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, December 4, 2008

In Whom Do I Trust?

Today started off as one of those mornings where I just wanted an answer to this adoption craziness. All we've heard is that there has been no movement. No movement back towards PGN. No movement towards judicial review. No movement.

As Christmas approaches, I picture our son sitting in an orphanage, no decorations, no tree, no visible symbols of a celebration. But then another picture comes to mind, the picture of little boys sitting on the floor in front of a teen-age girl who is reading them a Bible story from a simple Spanish children's storybook. God nudges my heart. Isn't THAT what Christmas is about? Geovany may not see any visible signs of Christmas. He most likely won't receive any gifts. But he is hearing about the reason for the season.

As I questioned God, and began my reading for the morning, I came across this verse...

Isa 2:22 -- Stop putting your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath. How can they be of help to anyone?

I was challenged, once again, to remember that as wonderful as our attorney is, he is not the one in which we place our trust. As much as we appreciate all our agency has done for us, they are not the ones in whom we should be trusting. Our trust is in God alone. He has not forgotten Geovany. He has not forgotten us.

Isn't God gracious to continually meet us where we're at? To gently remind us that He understands. He doesn't condemn me for asking, but takes my hand and leads me back to truth my heart needs to hear.

Blessings,

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Thank-you Amy. I needed to hear that.
dawn

Anonymous said...

Great scriptures, Amy, thank you for reminding us all!
Praying them home,
-Melanie, waiting for Adrian

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!