Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rumblings?

I've started this post in my head at least a dozen times today. One year ago today we flew home from Guatemala after signing a power of attorney in the lobby of the Raddison, promising to do whatever it would take to bring our son home. We wondered how we would tell our family. How would we tell our friends. What would people think? Would our case be allowed to continue? Could we get a dossier together in time? So many questions. Yet, in the midst of it all, we had a deep-seated peace, knowing that God was in it and if God is for us, who can be against us?

If you had asked me then where we'd be today, I would have told you, with all confidence, that we would be preparing a Christmas for five beautiful children. Never would I have guessed that we'd still be stuck in the system.

Rumblings...preparations...pieces beginning to fall into place...

We learned last night that the investigations division (Minor's Court) has agreed to release our case back to PGN without going through a judge. Good news. Wonderful news. A beacon of hope as we pass this anniversary day without Geovanny at home. Not the first thing we've seen in the last few days that makes us wonder if our forever reunion with our sweet boy could be closer than we've dared to hope.

What's next? We really don't know. While they've agreed to send our dossier back to PGN, we don't know when that will actually happen. For all we know (our attorney is on vacation this week) it could have happened already. We pray that it has. There's still the issue of the document in question. Will we face a kick-out to get it fixed? Maybe. Or maybe, somewhere along the line, the problem has been solved and when PGN gets it back, they'll approve our case and release us. It's almost too much to ask for, but we ask anyways. Trusting that God knows what's best. Hoping for another miracle. Dreaming of a day we don't have to say good-bye to our son.

As we prepare to celebrate Christmas, the gift of God's Son to us, my thoughts turn to Mary, the mother of Jesus. I think of how conflicted her heart must have been as she prepared to give birth to the Messiah, knowing that He would not be hers forever. Knowing He would be scoffed and rejected. I'm challenged by her courage and her strength and her desire to serve God no matter what. May I be as willing as she was to say "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to accept whatever he wants. May everything you have said come true."

Blessings,

1 comment:

Susannah said...

amy, this is the best thing i have read in a long time!!! I'm praying for yall!
love
susannah

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!