Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wait on the Lord

“I believe that knowing what we shall be called to face, today, tomorrow, He so plans that in our reading beforehand, there will be exactly the word which will carry us through. That new experience is meant to give us a glorious opportunity to test and prove the word which He has given us.”
From Thou Givest…They Gather by Amy Carmichael



I have been mulling over these words for the last few days. Hiding them in my heart, deciding that I believe them to be true. There are numerous instances where I have seen this demonstrated to me. Times where God has spoken a word to me that I needed to hear. It appears it has happened again...

As I read this morning, several things spoke to my heart as we continue to wait. The first was in my scripture reading, where I read from Isaiah 43:1-44:5. I won't post all that here, but God spoke to my heart about His promise to us to bring Giovanni home. To gather our children from all corners of the world and bring them to us. To pour out His Spirit and His blessings on our children. To not be afraid as I go through deep water, for God is with us and we will not drown! To not fear the fire, for it will not consume us. To trust that I am precious, and honored and loved.

As the time for PA continues to grow, we continue to pray about what our role is. How much do we bug the US Embassy - an activity that yields very little. Do I call my congressman daily - they seem to be hitting the same barriers we are. Is there something I should be doing that I'm not? As I read my on-line devotionals, it would seem that God is asking me to simply rest and wait.

From Proverbs 31 Ministries, came a devotional highlighting this verse: "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!" Psalm 27:14

Then, from Revive our Hearts by Nancy Leigh DeMoss: "What do you do when it doesn't seem like God is coming through? I'll tell you what you do: you wait on the Lord. In His time, He'll show you His power."

Those of you who know me, know that I want, more than anything, for my life to demonstrate the power of God. To reflect that I live by faith, not by fear. Not by what I can accomplish, but by what I believe God can accomplish through me. So, for today, I will wait on the Lord, trusting that He shall strengthen my heart. Believing that I will not drown or be consumed, I will face this day with joy and hope.

Lord, in Your time, show us Your power!

Blessings,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting and Praying with you.
Love,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Amy...Psalm 27:14 was my kids' Bible verse at church this week, so we chose it as our homeschool memory verse also since it was so appropriate. We too are "waiting for the Lord" for things which we think He has decided to bless us with. I love the part of the verse "be strong and don't lose hope". It is so hard to stay hopeful sometimes, but God asks us to not lose hope.

I was so thrilled to hear your good news today and remain hopeful that these children will join our familes in God's perfect timing.

I am continuing to pray for you and Giovanni.

Your CCI friend,
Jenna

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!