Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gripped with Awe

I was reading this parable today and am still pondering it, but wanted to share what's running through my head. In my Bible, the parable is titled "Jesus Heals a Boy Possessed by an Evil Spiritl. It's found in Mark 9:14-29. These are the verses that particularly gripped me today...

9:22-24 -- "Have mercy on us and help us. Do something if you can." "What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." The father instantly replied, "I do believe, but help me not to doubt."

If you read the same parable in Luke, it ends this way... Luke 9:43 -- Awe gripped the people as they saw this display of God's power.

Hope. Belief. Doubt. Awe. These are the words running through my head. In this journey of international adoption, there are so many times we see God's power displayed in big ways. But I was realizing this morning that God's power isn't displayed just in the big things, it's also displayed in the little things. Today, I'm praying that I don't miss the little things. That awe will grip me as I see God's power displayed.

Like I said when I started, I'm not really sure where I'm going with this today, but it's what's running through my head and I wanted to share it.

Blessings,

No comments:

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!