Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Prayer for the Orphans of Guatemala

I'm not sure how much you've heard, but the adoption climate in Guatemala is pretty bad right now. We hold firmly to God's promise to bring Giovanni home, in His time.

Through a blog that I read occasionally, I came across this call to pray for the orphans in Guatemala. As I held Samantha this morning and gazed into her chocolate brown eyes, I was reduced to tears. Tears of joy and relief that she is home. Tears of concern for Giovanni. Tears for families longing to have their children home.

Some of you are holding your precious Guatemalan treasures today. Will you join me in praying? Will you post to your blogs and spread the word? May God hear the cries of His people and bring these children home.

Pray them Home!


Rev 5:8-9
And as he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense-the prayers of God's people! And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation."

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm praying with you all! My heart breaks for those children and their families who are still waiting... especially yours!

Sending lots of love!

Susannah said...

amy,
i am praying giovanni home! even though there was chaos going on in guatemala..i felt this calm feeling everytime i would start to pray for these children in process. it wasn't a desperate prayer, it was a "i can feel God" prayer. I am believing God and that God will bring your sweet boy home in His perfect time!
Here is a hug from Georgia
love
susannah

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!