As I was journaling this morning, I took some time to read back through previous entries. Times when we were waiting to see movement and having to trust that God was at work even when we couldn't see it. In one entry, when we were waiting and longing for Samantha's pink notice, I commented on the mantel of waiting. That is how I feel again. It seems that when the mantel of waiting gets to be heavy upon my shoulders and my heart cries out for God to lift it, He does and we move forward. Is it my lack of faith, or is it that God knows just how much I can take?
I am thankful that God had me write those words back in December. God knows I need markers in my life. Milestones I can go back to and rest on and be reminded of His faithfulness. He is always faithful. Even when I can't see Him at work, He is at work. When things aren't moving the way I expect them to, I am reminded that this journey is not about me. It is about God and faith and His plan, which is much bigger than just me.
Today, I wondered...where am I placing my hope? Is it in God or is it in the representative at my congressman's office who is trying to find out where our PA is? Is it in the US gov't or the Guatemala gov't? That would be silly. How thankful I am for a God who knows everything. Not just some things or most things, but everything. I am thankful that He is powerful over all. Again, not most or the majority, but ALL. He is supreme and in control. I long for news of our PA for Giovanni, but more than that, I long for my life to reflect my belief that God is all-knowing and all-powerful. May my spirit find peace and rest in that today. May I walk with the confident assurance of faith - that what I hope for IS going to happen. That what I long for, though I cannot see it now, will come about. Not because of who I am or what I do, but because of Who God is.
Psalm 46:10-11 - Cease striving (NASB); Be still (NIV); Be silent and know that I am God! I will be honored throughout every nation. I will be honored throughout the world. The Lord almighty is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. (NLT)
Blessings,



2 comments:
Amy,
That was a very inspirational post. It really helped put everthing in perspective for me also as I wait to bring Devin home. I will pray for Giovanni, specifically for his PA.
Your CCI friend,
Kelly
Good words for my heart, Amy!
Post a Comment