Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Challenging Questions

"When through Jesus Christ we are rightly related to God, we learn to watch and wait, and wait wonderingly. I wonder how God will answer this prayer. I wonder how God will answer the prayer the Holy Spirit is praying in me. I wonder what glory God will bring to Himself out of the strange perplexities I am in. I wonder what new turn His providence will take in manifesting Himself in my ways."

I read through these questions from my devotional book several times this morning and am still pondering them as I type this. Spoke with our attorney yesterday. He went to the MP on Monday, having missed the appointment Friday because he was sick. They told him to come back this Friday. He also said, that because someone was concerned that there was a possibility of bribery or corruption leading to the potential positive release of our case, our case has been reassigned to a new MP official. So, we're kind of back to where we were this time last year. What's old is new again! So, I wonder what glory God will bring to Himself out of this strange new perplexity. I wonder what new turn His providence will take in this.

"God always keeps the minds of His children open with wonder, with open-eyed expectancy for Him to come in where He likes. I wonder how many of us have been getting our ideas and convictions and notions twisted. Thank God for the confusion if it is going to drive us straight to the watchtower with God,...watching, waiting, wondering and witnessing."

Today, I am taking my worries and concerns straight to the tower. I'm going to sit and watch and wait with expectancy that God is going to come, in His time, when He's ready. When He does, I want to see it! I don't want to miss it. I want to see Him coming across the landscape, marching forward, deliverance in hand. I want to be staggered with wonder at the amazing way God works this out.

Blessings,

1 comment:

Susannah said...

I am praying, Amy! I wish I knew what to say but I don't. My brain is too small to understand and my eyes are not God's to see what He can but I know He is still in control. I sure would love to talk to you soon..will you call me when you get a chance?
I love you!
Susannah

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!