Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moments

We had a great day in Antigua, reminiscing and wandering through the town. It's full of memories for us. It's strange though, we can tell that we're not quite "here". Rob didn't bring a map or our Guatemala guide book. I think he only took three or four pictures the whole time we were there. We forgot where the shuttle dropped us off and had them looking for us because we were in the wrong place to go home! Things that just aren't typical for us.

There have been moments today that have been challenging...going in the elevator and not worrying about whose turn it is to push the button; breakfast buffet with no kids and no high chairs. Little things that bring back lots of wonderful memories. All in all, a good, relaxing day. Something we needed before beginning a very busy, emotional week. Looking forward to talking to the kids tonight via Skype. It's amazing that we can be so far away and still be able to see their little faces via the computer.

Thanks for the continued prayers. Emotionally, we're pretty wrung out already and the week hasn't even begun. I usually feel this way toward the end of a trip, but not usually at the beginning. I told Rob I'll be a puddle of mush by the time the week's over! =)

Blessings,

4 comments:

Susannah said...

i sure do love you, amy!! i'm crying and promise to be praying as hard as i can all week long!!
i am waiting in faith to see God love you and move for Geovany!!
susannah

Kelly said...

After that post all I can say is that I am praying for you. Can't wait to hear about what all God is doing in Guatemala.
Love you!

The Earnhardt Family said...

You are covered my friend. God is going to carry you this week. Hold on to Him. He will not let you go. Praying over you even now.

Gardenia said...

I just read your last three posts. I'm praying that things go well in Guatemala and that you see the beauty in all that God has planned for you, and that you have successes where you are hoping. My husband and I also experienced difficulty in bringing our daughter home. We went to GC to meet with officials. but we never stopped believing that God and not officials would bring our case to conclusion. And He did. praying for you and asking God to send you hope and complete your family.

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!