Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grace Alone

Tuesday, Mantha decided to empty all the music out of the piano bench and the organ bench. It was spread everywhere. After stepping over it for a day, I finally got around to picking it up and putting it away. As I did so, I came across a little half sheet of paper entitled "Grace Alone" by Scott Wesley Brown. My Grandmother used to own the organ and would copy little songs like this and hold on to them. She must have done that with this song. Reading the words, I was overcome with tears. This journey has been so much more challenging than I ever would have imagined. Yet, in everything, God has been there. As Saturday approaches, I find myself struggling more and more with what we've been asked to do. I wonder how I'll ever be able to hold that sweet boy in my lap and then let him go one more time. I beg God to deliver our son and let us bring him home. I cry and I hope and I pack, knowing that we go forth in grace alone. Isn't it wonderful how God uses even the "messes" in our lives to speak to our hearts?

Blessings,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true, Amy. Praying for continued strength and comfort to surround you, and always that Geovany will be home soon,

Kelly said...

God NEVER ceases to amaze me!!! Years ago God had your grandmother write those precious words from that amazing song. Then he had your adorable little girl empty both the piano and the organ so, that you may see HIS work that was done through such a special lady. God knew that you and Rob would not only follow HIS will for your life to Guatemala once but twice. Again, HE planned for YOU to find these words and HE again has been able to comfort YOU through your tears.
Praying for you dear friend as you continue to walk in faith.
Love you,
Kelly

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!