So, the news for today is that our attorney will be meeting with the head of Minor's Court on Tuesday of next week. PGN continues to be uncooperative, so nobody knows where this will end. Our attorney asked when our immigration docs expired, hoping that if they expired soon he could use that to push the case. Being the good adoptive parents we are, we renewed those documents, so they don't expire until July 2010. Guess that won't help us!
We continue to wonder and wait. It's a frustrating place to be somedays. This last week has been one of the hardest yet. We will never give up on Geovany. As long as there's even the slimest chance of bringing him home, we will persevere. Yet the dream of having him here grows dim sometimes.
We're not really expecting any great or exciting news to result from the upcoming meeting. Our agency director leaves for Ethiopia tomorrow. She will be out of the country until July 1st. We understand why she's going and will be praying that her trip is successful; however, with her out of the country, contact with our attorney pretty much comes to a standstill. Yet another opportunity to trust and wait.
I'm trying to apply some things I've been learning lately. Trying to ask the "right" questions... not, "When will this be over" but "What can I learn while we wait?" Not "How do you expect me to continue waiting?" but "How can I glorify you in this?" Not easy questions to ask or answer. If I didn't believe that God was in this, I'd really be a mess! How thankful I am for His presence.
As always, we thank you for your prayers and your continued support of our family.
Blessings,
I've been reading and praying Psalm 37 over the last week or so. It brings some peace to my heart in light of all we're going through. I've included just a few verses, but if you have the time, read the whole Psalm. It's a beautiful prayer and declaration of Who God is and what He can do.
Psalm 37:4-9 and 34
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you.
He will make your innocence as clear as the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.
Stop your anger! Turn from your rage! Do not envy others-- it only leads to harm.
For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the LORD will possess the land.
Don't be impatient for the LORD to act! Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you, giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
They Meet Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
A Family of Seven!



1 comment:
Hi, I've followed your blog for a long long time, and i don't think I've ever commented. But I've prayed that God would bring Giovani home to you. Today, when i read your post, this favorite scripture came into my mind: "Dismiss all anxiety from your mind. present your needs to God in all form of petition and prayer that is full of gratitude. then the God of Peace will be with you." Phil 4: 6,7. Praying for you. Ellen, home with my daughter from Guatemala (no blog. eblharrison@yahoo.com)
Post a Comment