Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Meeting Results

The meeting on Thursday didn't go exactly as we had hoped it would. Apparently, the representative from PGN was uncooperative. I'm not sure exactly how, or in what way, but that's the message we received. So...our attorney will be heading to PGN on Monday to meet with the representative's boss. Our understanding is that Alfonso will continue to elevate this as far up the chain of command as necessary.

In the meantime, we continue to pray and wait. It's interesting, my devotionals for the last several weeks had been on peace. Friday, they switched to the topic of patience. I will admit (not proudly) that I threw a bit of a fit and told God..."We've been patient for 17 months. I'm not reading these!" and I set the book aside. I left Friday afternoon for a women's retreat, still not knowing the outcome of Thursday's meeting. Friday afternoon, my husband called and said "You should have taken the devotional book. It looks like it's going to be awhile."

Each year, our women's ministry team works hard preparing for our retreat and each year a little gift bag is prepared for us to open upon our arrival. As we approached our room, sitting outside our door were three little brown paper sacks...just as we expected. I picked them up, took them into our room and tossed one on each bed. A little while later, I sat down on the bed to open mine. Now, these don't have our name on the outside. Nobody put a bag together and said "This one's for Amy Carr." They just pre-assemble them and set them outside the rooms. Anyway, I opened mine and inside were several fun items, along with an adorable little wooden angel. Across the front of her dress, in beautiful script, was written the word "Patience." I'll admit, I lost it and started to cry. I immediately asked one of my roommates to open her bag, wondering if all the angels were the same. Of course, they weren't. Pam's angel said "Hope". Many have asked if I threw the angel across the room. I thought about it, for a brief second. In fact, I think my initial words were "Oh, no!" But as I've reflected on it this weekend, I realize it's just another gentle reminder to me that God sees where we are. He knows the journey He's asked us to take and once again, He's asking us to be patient. To trust Him. To believe. To rest.

Praying for progress on Monday!

Blessings,
Amy

4 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Oh Amy. Just hearing about you being at the women's retreat brought back such great memories of the year I got to go with you all. Continuing to pray "patience" over you as you wait on the Lord and your strength is renewed.

Nikki said...

Wow, Amy.....I'm so sorry your little boy isn't home yet. Geovany is destined to be your son and you his mother but only God knows WHEN the union will happen. Stay strong!

Love from Colorado.....always thinking of you and your family...

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Amy,
Sorry to hear that the meeting didn't go so well. God is amazing though isn't he? Whenever I would feel as if He wasn't listening something would happen to remind me that God was still in control and did indeed listen to my cries. Like the Sunday the sermon was about Job and patience....I will continue to pray for Geovany to be home with all of you ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am continuing to pray for Geovany. Although I always hesitate to say "I know how you feel", I really do think I can understand much of what you are experiencing. It just plain stinks. I know a little piece of my heart is in Guatemala, and my heart wont be whole until she is here with us. Keep me posted on what you hear.

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!