Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

9 Months Ago Today

Nine months ago we saw our first pictures and video of Giovanni. We were sitting in Sue's hotel room mulling through hundreds of pictures and hours of video tape trying to determine if God really wanted us to do this one more time and if so, which one of these boys was our son? I'll never forget seeing pictures and video of Vanni. They tugged at my heart, but not in a way that was different from any of the pictures of the other little boys. I looked at Rob, not really sure if Vanni was "the one". My husband, with tears in his eyes asked me "Do you want to know what I think?" I smiled, as if to say, of course. He continued "That little boy needs a dad, and I'm his Dad." That sealed it for me. At that moment I knew that God was indeed asking us to bring one more child into our home and that Giovanni was that child. Nine months later, I still believe that. The fact that the dream hasn't been realized yet doesn't change anything.

Today is Guatemala Independence Day, so PGN is closed. Every fiber of my being prays that this week we will hear we are out of PGN approved. In the meantime, I look back at where we were nine months ago and just smile. What a great and wonderful God we serve! The things He orchestrated to get us to Guatemala, to place Sue there at that time, to secure a dossier, to get us registered in time...the list goes on and on. It's a good reminder to me of all God has done and will continue to do. He is Faithful!

Blessings,


Deu 7:9
Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and constantly loves those who love him and obey his commands.

Deu 32:4
He is the Rock; his work is perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is!

Isa 30:18
For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for him to help them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed Amy our God is a faithful God. HE will bring Giovanni FOREVER home. Waiting and praying for the day when you call me with that awesome news and I drop to my knees to thank him once again.
Many prayers and much love,
Kelly

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!