Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, February 11, 2008

Quick Update


We heard this weekend that our case has been kicked-out of PGN and we are back in family court. We now proceed in a "normal" fashion. Although, noone is sure what normal looks like in Guatemalan adoptions right now.

I can tell you that the central authority has been established and attorneys are working like crazy to get ALL the in-process adoptions registered by tomorrow, Feb. 12th. From what I understand, there are over 2300 cases that need to be registered. Please join us in praying that God will bring order to the chaos that is currently surrounding the adoption proceedings. We continue to have peace and trust in the God who makes even the wind and the waves obey Him. Certainly, He reigns supreme in Guatemala and in our circumstances.

We look forward to rejoicing with our friends and celebrating God's goodness and faithfulness and sovereignty as He works for those who wait for Him and brings Giovanni home!

Blessings,
Amy

Matthew 8:26-27: And Jesus answered, "Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!" Then he stood up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly all was calm. The disciples just sat there in awe. "Who is this?" they asked themselves. "Even the wind and waves obey him!"

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I am praying for your family and the adoption process in Guatemala!!! God be with you!


Debbie

Susannah said...

amy,
you are so precious and I am so glad to have you and the other CCI prayer warriors around during this time. You know I'm praying for yall! Thank you for holding your walk with God up high as an encouragement to all of us!
love
susannah
waiting for Jenda

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!