Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Family of SEVEN!

Because Giovanni is in an orphanage, standard procedure is that you visit him there and he doesn't leave the property. We just learned today that our attorney has gained permission for us to take Giovanni to our hotel for our stay in Guatemala. This was a huge and unexpected surprise. We will go out to the orphanage on Friday morning, pick him up and bring him back to our hotel. He will spend the weekend with us and we will most likely take him back on Monday afternoon. We remember how difficult it was to return Samantha to her foster family the first (and second) time. We can only imagine how difficult it will be to return our son to an orphanage. Please pray that we will continue to rely on God's grace and trust His plan. His hand is at work in all of this and we will enjoy the moments we have as a family of SEVEN! Needless to say, we'll have lots of pictures to share when we get home. I may even be able to update from the Radisson this time. We'll see how it goes.

Blessings,
Amy

4 comments:

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

What an incredible blessing ! I will be praying for your family during this visit. may little Giovanni find comfort in your loving arms and may God grant you peace when you say good-bye. I can't wait to see pictures...
God Bless-
Julie

Kelly said...

I am SO incredibly happy that you are going to be able to spend this special time with Giovanni. Praying that he finds comfort in your arms and that our heavenly father will fill your heart with Peace when it's time for you to leave. I can't wait to see pics of the "crew". Have a GREAT time.
Hugs,
Kelly

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Amy
I am glad you are able to see
Giovanni on this trip. May God continue to move things fast so that Giovanni can come to his forever home where he belongs.
God Bless
Maria
http://flores422x.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

I am very glad you all get to go on this visit trip and get to take him to the hotel. That is awesome. I will be praying for you!
Debbie

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!