Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, January 25, 2008

Update




Some of you have been asking about Giovanni's case. I can tell you that things have been done a little out of order for him. We have confirmed that we are in PGN, very incomplete, and are waiting to be kicked-out so we can be submitted to family court. Usually, family court comes first. This is where a Guatemalan social worker reviews all your documents and issues his/her approval. Once that is received, your case moves on to PGN. Because of the concerns with the end of the year and the changes in adoption, our attorney decided to submit us to PGN first, knowing we'd be kicked-out, but by doing it this way, he'd be able to say that we were registered with PGN before the end of the year. So, our case should be allowed to continue.

Prayer requests...
  • That we are kicked-out of PGN soon (who EVER thought I'd be posting THAT as a prayer request?!?)

  • That the US Embassy issues our pre-approval soon

  • That Giovanni is receiving good, loving care and will somehow remember us and know that he has a family working very hard to bring him home

Thank you for continuing down this road with us.

Blessings,

Amy

Jeremiah 29:12-13 - In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the pics. of your kiddos with Mr. Handsome Giovanni. Praying that you are KO'd VERY SOON so, you can start FC.
Lots of love,
Kelly

Debbie said...

I will be praying for your adoption journey! I love the pictures Giovanni is adorable!!!

Debbie

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!