I have been begging God to let me know if our attorney is still actively pursuing our case. Being one of the few cases left in Guatemala, our agency has all but given up on us. What I needed to know was if our attorney had also given up. I desperately needed an answer. In His amazing faithfulness and graciousness, knowing how much I could take, God provided an answer. On Friday, we received an email that our attorney had gone to the MP, the reviewer our case was assigned to is still out of the office. Her boss is also out of the office. So, our attorney spoke with the "boss of them all" to see what could be done. Our attorney was told to come back on the 23rd. It seems like the same old thing, but in reality it is an answer to the desperate prayer of a mother's heart. Yes, people are still working, but more importantly, God is still working.
He has been doing a lot in my heart this week. I will share more about that later. Still some things to process, but good things! So, again, we covet your prayers for this week. That someone will look at our case and do something positive with it.
Trusting in His time, in His way, as He writes our story and Geovany's story. To God be the glory.
Blessings,



3 comments:
amy, i think of you often and pray
lots of love
susannah
Amy, I am sorry to say that i can totally relate to what you are going through. Yet, i am so thankful that you got some news. Not knowing, not hearing anything is the WORST. These children are so precious to us and in my view, the people in Guatemala should be fighting non-stop to get them out of the orphanages and into their forever families as soon as possible. It sometimes seems like they do not really understand the importance of a small child spending another year without a forever family.
I continue to pray for Geovany. ~jenna
Hi Amy! I am continuing to pray for your little guy - I came to your blog to check for some news . . . have you heard anything? I'll keep praying for progress, big or small, all in God's plan!
Post a Comment