Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pictures



Back in November, when we visited Geovany, we were given a gift from our good friends in Guatemala. When I opened it, I didn't realize what it was. It took me a few seconds to see what they had done. They had taken two photos off our blog and, using editing software, had placed Geovany in the family picture you see above. They presented us with an 8x10 and two photo keyrings. Since November, the photo has sat in it's package, on a shelf in my room.

The last few weeks have found me silently waiting. Learning more about trusting God and relying on Him. Finding peace in the quiet and feeling my faith stretch as we wait without knowing.

Sunday, we had a combined service at church, merging our Anglo service with our Hispanic service. These are always some of my favorite worship services. There's something about coming together with people of another culture to worship that gives me a glimpse of Heaven. Our Hispanic pastor preached the sermon. He is a gifted preacher, with a passion for sharing God's heart with God's people. At one point, Pastor Jorge spoke of the pictures that hang in our homes. How our homes are museums. That this is true of homes around the world. Homes of every culture proudly display on their walls the photos of their past. Then, he began speaking about the future, about the dreams God gives us to dream and the promises God gives us. He challenged us to picture those dreams and promises. As Pastor Jorge spoke, I could see the photo the Prados had given us. I knew that God was asking me to hang that photo on the wall of our home. As I thought about it, I thought maybe I would hang a different photo. You see, this one is a bit grainy, due to the low quality of the photo they had to work with. I have other pictures of us all together as a family of seven, I thought maybe I should hang on of those.

As I thought about that, God revealed to me the difference, why He asked me to put up that particular photo. All the other pictures of us as a family of seven are taken in Guatemala. This is the only picture of us all together, here in our home, under our roof, living life as a family. I truly believe it was as if God was saying, "It's time to visualize that dream." I really haven't done that in a long time. I'm not sure I've ever done that. I haven't pictured Geovany running up and down the stairs in our home, playing Legos with his siblings, watching Dora with Samantha, tormenting his older brother by getting into his stuff, following his Daddy around the yard being a helper.

My Bible study this morning was entitled "Patiently Waiting." I don't know what God's timeline is for Geovany. But, I'll leave you with these words from the Scriptures...

Psa 27:14
Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.

Psa 37:34
Don't be impatient for the LORD to act! Travel steadily along his path.

Psa 130:5
I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.

Lam 3:24-26
I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD.

Hab 2:3
But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.

Well, I have a photo to hang! I don't know what dreams God is giving you, but I'm praying you'll be able to truly visualize them today, to embrace them and picture them and invite God to be a part of them.

Blessings,

5 comments:

Beth said...

May this picture some day hang in Geovanny's home as a reminder of God's faithfulness in bringing him home to you!

Love you,

Beth

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

I think it is a GREAT picture, your friends did a great job! We pray that things start moving forward and Geovany is home soon!
Becky

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Hi Amy

Your post always move me to tears. What an incredible Journey you have been on. As I mentioned previously, Jose Luis and I are committed to praying for Geovanny until he gets home.......hang in there and stay strong...at three Jose Luis adjusted very well to his new home...the love parents offer can make a different......God will bring your precious son home soo! Blessings Maria

Susannah said...

Amy, I like you commentary better than mine. I pray and think about yall often and what else do we have but to hope in God. For my dreams and hopes also, thank you for the verses! I'll talk to you later
love
susannah

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and praying for progress soon,

Together

Together
A Family of Seven!