Some of you have commented on the fact that I've recently started spelling Geovany's name differently. No, I haven't forgotten how to spell it, it really is intentional. When we first got his abandonment papers, we saw on there that his name was spelled "Geovany". That was a unique spelling to us. Because it wasn't what we were accustomed to seeing, we changed the spelling to "Giovanni". Something we were used to. Lately, I've been feeling like that wasn't the best decision. Our precious son is from Guatemala where they spell his name Geovany. Why wouldn't we want to honor that? Why would we respell his name to look like he's American or Italian?!?So, in light of all that, we've come back to the original spelling of his name. For some of you, it may take a while to get used to that. That's ok. It took me a while too!
There's no new news to report. Our agency director is back from Ethiopia, so we hope to be a little better informed now that she's in the office again. I did hear of two outs yesterday. Neither of them were cases registered with our agency. But, it sounds like PGN may be moving, slowly.
I've been reading some posts lately that have stirred my heart to find joy in saying "It is enough." I cannot begin to express how much peace I have found. Maybe because I'm being more intentional and specific in my thanks to my Father. Recognizing exactly what I have been given. Maybe because I am learning again how to rest in Him. Maybe because I am becoming more at home with His plan for my life. Embracing today and all that I've been given, I am thankful and I can say, with all my heart, "It is more than enough." Take the time to read her posts, I think you'll be encouraged as well.
Blessings,
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. -- Psalm 91:1
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
A Family of Seven!



No comments:
Post a Comment