When we told the kids about Daddy's "souvenier" from Guatemala and showed them a picutre of Giovanni, they were, to say the least, excited. It was neat to see their reactions and to have them be so enthusiastic about stepping out in faith to see where God would take us. Our kids are in a Bible quizzing program at church. This year, they're studying Genesis. I asked Jeff if he could tell me about a verse from Hebrews that talks about faith. He grinned from ear to ear and said "By faith, the Carrs, when asked to do another adoption, which would be their inheritance." At this point, Rob stopped him and said "Actually, he gets MY inheritance, which means he will share in YOUR inheritance." Undaunted, and still grinning, Jeffrey began again..."By faith, the Carrs, when asked to do adopt another child, who would share in MY inheritance, obeyed and did it, even though they did not know where they were going!" By the time he got to the end of the "verse," we were all laughing. As I look back on it now, I see more and more truth in his little words. And, in fact, aren't all our children OUR inheritance?
Blessings,
Amy
PS - We were wondering about a name for Giovanni. We really like the name, but weren't sure if we'd keep it or not. Yesterday, I researched the meaning of the name. Giovanni means "God is gracious." Looks like that one's a keeper!!
Friday, December 21, 2007
From the mouths of babes (or big kids!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
A Family of Seven!



1 comment:
I love his name and I love the fact that your children can quote scripture and make it their own!! That is awesome!!
God bless!
Debbie Wankel
Post a Comment