Tears flow. Tears of gratitude to so many who gave so much. Tears of anger that Geovany isn't home yet. Tears of sadness because my heart hurts for our son and for the hundreds of other children cared for by REMAR who don't have a family waiting for them.
We challenged our church family to be a part of a shoe and backpack drive for the orphans at REMAR. To look beyond their own needs, which in some cases are great, to see the needs of some children in Guatemala. Never could we have imagined what God would do with that challenge. In a matter of weeks, we collected 180 pairs of shoes, 128 backpacks, over 500 pairs of socks, over 600 pairs of underwear and 2050 pencils.
Last night, as I stood in my family room, overwhelmed by the sheer volume of what had been given, I struggled with being angry at God. I looked at the pile of shoes and held a pair in Geovany's size and wondered if these shoes would be placed on his feet. And my heart hurts. I look at the pair of blue cowboy boots and I wonder which child, in their heart of hearts, may have asked God for those shoes. And the tears fall. I have no doubt that God is going to work through these gifts to encourage souls, to remind these children that He does see them, that He does hear them, that He has not forgotten them.
This morning, I read these words, "As for me, when I am poor and in heaviness: Thy help, O God, shall lift me up. I will praise the Name of God with a song: and magnify it with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30-31. In singing and praising and thanksgiving...on days like today, when I am feeling heavy...when I feel like I can't go one step further...His help lifts me up. I am trusting that will be true...as I pack the boxes, and prepare to send off my husband and 17 team members...in singing and praising and thanksgiving.
Blessings,





4 comments:
Hi Friend! You've got me crying! It never ceases to amaze me what God's people can do in time of need . . . sometimes they just need kind and compassionate people like your family to point out the needs and be an example in meeting those needs! I'll be praying for a safe trip for your husband, and that he will be a blessing to the children at Remar! You have such a good attitude about the wait - just keep trusting in our Most High God and His timing to bring home your sweet boy!
How exciting to picture in my mind all those children heading off to school with new shoes, new backpacks, new pencils and even new underwear!!
Isn't this just one more lesson for us that God hears the prayers of His people, and uses His resources through His people to meet the needs of His children.
The writings from your heart, my daughter, brought tears to my eyes, too. How I love watching you grow in the Lord and share it with others in such an open way.
See you soon. Love, Mom
PRAISING GOD that HIS people in Nevada aren't just merely speaking words but, putting feet to there action. Oh, how my heart is full of such joy as the tears swell in my eyes. I am sooooo proud of you my friend. Instead of becoming bitter during this wait you have turned to God and through your faithfulness many children are being helped. When I think about Rob and his group walking into Remar with all those packages I not only see a huge smile come across Geovany's face but, the smile of many other sweet sweet children.
Many continued prayers for Geovany and praying for Rob and his group.
Love you,
Kelly
Amy
On this cold and snowy I am moved to tears by your post. Thinking that a year ago Jose Luis was one of those waiting for him family.thinking about the other kids that need mom and dad...........praying for open doors in the future for them...thanks for sharing! Praying for Geovanny to come home soon!
Maria F(Boston)
Post a Comment